I wanted to make some cool ephemera for my junk journal, without having to buy a whole bunch of new products to make them! Here are my best tips and ideas for making shiny DIY tags and embellishments from craft supplies you already have laying around!
please note :: as an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Here Are The Tags!
The neat thing is that you can make these in any style or color, including shabby chic, vintage, modern, colorful or black and white!
How To Make Shiny DIY Tag Embellishments Video
Use Craft Supplies You Already Have
I feel like the very best part of this project is that you don't have to buy anything new! We all have paints, stamps and circle punches we can use to make these.
And they are so wicked cute! I can't wait to add them to my junk journals!
- Mixed Media Paper
- Assorted Stamps
- Dies or Paper Punches
- Glossy Accents or Gloss Medium
- Acrylic Paint
- Sizzix Sidekick (If using dies)
- Crop-a-dile or Hole Punch
- Paint Palette
- Use acrylic paint to make colorful stripes on mixed media or other heavy paper
- Stamp letters or numbers on stripes and add small stamps for layers
- Use dies or punches to make tag or label shapes
- Glue two pieces of tags together
- Put grommets in the holes
- Use Glossy Accents or gloss medium to make them shiny
This was a super fun and easy project that helped to use up some of my craft supplies AND made some super cool ephemera!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.