Tips and ideas for how to make creative background papers using just inks and rubber stamps! These are great scrapbook papers for mixed media, junk journals or greeting cards. Super cheap and easy to make!
please note :: as an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases, read my full disclosure policy here
How I Got The Background Idea
I was checking out Seth Apter's Altered Page Facebook page and saw a fun background that he used in one of his pieces of artwork.
It looked like he had used some stamps and inks to make it, so I thought that I would try making my own!
How To Make A Creative Background Full Tutorial Video
Products Used In The Video
I KNOW! It looks like I used SO MANY different things in this video, but you can honestly use ANY inks or stamps you have laying around your craft room!
This is such a fun technique BECAUSE you can just use whatever you have laying around to make your own background papers!
- Hickory Smoke
- Ground Espresso
- Peacock Feathers
- Spiced Marmalade
- Twisted Citron
- Seedless Preserves
DYAN REAVELEY SPRAY
TOOLS & PAPER
- Faded Type Stamps
- Tonic Travel Craft Mat
- Tim Holtz Heavy Cardstock Tags
- Mixed Media Watercolor Paper
- Blending Brush and Pads
- Ink pads
- Rubber stamps
- Put down some ink stamp colors using a blending tool
- Spray with water to blend ink or add more spray inks in complimentary colors
- Use a larger stamp to make some focal points (these can be similar colors)
- Stamp multiple other stamps filling out the rest of the area
- Final background paper covered with stamps
You don't need to have these exact stamps or colors. Use what you have and make some cool backgrounds!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Tim Holtz Ticket Booth - Stampers Anonymous Cling Stamps and Sizzix Framelits Die Set
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains Bottles, 1.9-Ounce, Mustard Seed
- Mini Ink Blending Tool-1 Round (Mini Ink Blending Tool With Replacement Foams)
- Tim Holtz - Stampers Anon CLING RBBR STAMP SET FADED TYPE
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Mini Ink Pad Kits - #13, #14 and #15 Bundle